Co-operative federalism: Experts say the Prime Minister’s participation in such national meetings with state policy makers will boost the spirit of cooperative federalism and ‘Team India’.
Pradhan Mantri Modi Cooperative Fed
Spirit of Team India: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the National Conference of Environment Ministers of all states through video conference on Friday. Experts say the Prime Minister’s participation in such national meetings with state policymakers will boost the spirit of the cooperative federation, ‘Team India’. Modi attends such national conferences mainly with an audience of state policymakers. This conference will change a paradigm. State leaders will be given a national perspective while building the spirit of cooperative federation. They cited several such examples to illustrate their point.
He left for Dharamsala on June 16 to attend a two-day national conference of chief secretaries and held discussions with senior officials of the country for better implementation of various policies in the first such conclave, sources said.
Prime Minister Modi participated in such events.
- 15 days ago on September 10, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the ‘Centre State Science Conclave’ through video conferencing in Ahmedabad.
- On August 25, Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the Labor Ministers of all states and Union Territories at the National Labor Conference.
- Prime Minister Modi reached Dharamshala on June 16 to attend the two-day National Conference of Chief Secretaries. This is the first time such a meeting is being held. The Prime Minister shared his ideas with senior officials of the country for better implementation of the process.
- Prime Minister Modi inaugurated a joint meeting of state chief ministers and high court chief justices on April 30.
Prime Minister Modi raised the spirits of Team India by meeting the Chief Ministers of states and Union Territories on time during the Covid outbreak. Prime Minister Modi chaired twenty such meetings from March 2020 to April 2022. Prime Minister Modi believed that the challenge of the once-in-a-century virus can only be met through coordination between the Center and the states. This coordination was also useful in the successful implementation of the largest corona vaccination program in the world.
Also, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has expressed interest in annual DGP/IGP meetings. Since 2014, they have made sure to attend every meeting. The annual conferences, which were traditionally held in Delhi before 2014, are now being held across the country. 2020 through video conference.. 2014 at Guwahati.. 2015 at Dhordo, Rann of Kutch.. 2016 at National Police Academy, Hyderabad.. 2017 at BSF Academy, Thekonpur.. 2018 at Kevadia. Pune in 2019 and Lucknow in 2021.
Another example of Prime Minister Modi’s commitment is to nurture and develop a national perspective on policy matters in partnership with Team India. Prime Minister Modi has chaired seven governing council meetings of NITI Aayog in the last eight years. He also addressed the National Governors Conference. On this occasion, he reiterated about ensuring national development and meeting the needs of common people.
Apart from these, Prime Minister Modi has participated in national conferences on various topics like improving farmers’ income, women’s development, tourism, culture, sports and governance.
Some of these..
- Agriculture- 2022: National conference on doubling farmers’ income
- National Conference on Sustainable Agriculture and Farmer Welfare at Gangtok (2016)
- National Legislative Session (2018) at Parliament Central Hall
- National Conference with Union and State Ministers and Secretaries of Culture, Tourism and Sports (2015)
- Indian Labor Conference (2015)
- National Conference on Governance (2015)
For more national news